• Imaging services – General radiology, MRI, ultrasound, fluoroscopy and CT
• Diagnostic services – audiology, ECHO, PFT, EKG and EEG
In addition, the facility will feature a family hospitality area, play areas for patients and siblings, a cafeteria/coffee shop and conference rooms. Children’s Colorado is partnering with Ronald McDonald House Charities, Starlight Foundation, and Denver Botanic Gardens on landscape design and a healing garden.
Denver’s Saunders Construction, acting as construction manager and general contractor, joins the architectural team of Davis Partnership and FKP Architects, owner’s representative Balfour Concord as well as Shea Properties and PrimeWest in building the new hospital campus.
“Children’s Hospital Colorado is obviously a valued member of our community, providing important care and support to our youth,” said Greg Schmidt, president for Saunders Construction “The South Campus will be a significant connection to the CHC.”
Several existing south-metro Children’s Colorado locations will consolidate on the South Campus, including:
• Children’s Hospital Colorado Outpatient Specialty Care, Centennial at 7960 South University Boulevard
• Children's Hospital Colorado Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders, Littleton at 7720 S. Broadway
• Children's Hospital Colorado Orthopedic Care, Centennial at 9094 E. Mineral Avenue (Radiology services will remain at this location.)
• Children's Hospital Colorado Outpatient Specialty and Therapy Care, Littleton at 151 W. County Line Road (Audiology, speech and language services, physical therapy and occupational therapy will remain at this location.)
The 125 employees who currently work at the existing south-metro locations will be relocated to the South Campus. Children’s Colorado anticipates hiring an additional 175 people.