Criteria for Entries
The annual “Best of” is a competition to determine the best projects completed by firms in Utah, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming. Firms involved in any aspect of the project could submit entries, and there is no charge for submissions.
Judging was done by a panel of industry experts, based on design quality and innovation, craftsmanship, the project’s contribution to the community and the industry, solution of unique design and construction challenges and overall excellence. The size of the project was not a factor in the judging.
- Project sites must be located in Utah, Idaho, Montana or Wyoming.
- Projects must have been completed or at least 90% completed between Sept. 1, 2008 and Aug. 31, 2009.
- Firms were allowed to nominate one project per category, and each project could be entered in only one category.
- Entries could be submitted by any of the firms working on a project, including owners, architects, engineers, contractors and subs.
- To avoid any potential conflicts of interest, judges abstained from voting in categories that included projects in which they or their firms were involved.
This is the first year we have expanded the program outside of Utah and Idaho. The decision to extend our coverage into Montana and Wyoming was so that outstanding projects in those states could participate in the National Best Of awards, the winners of which will appear in January in Engineering News-Record. This year, 20 projects from Intermountain Contractor competed in the National Best Of 2009 awards program.
For more information on the Intermountain Best of 2010 or the National Best of Awards programs, call 801-987-0398.