Hispanic Contractors of Colorado presented its major awards to two Latina leaders at the association’s 24th Annual Banquet on March 8 at the Denver Grand Hyatt.
Judy Montero, Denver City Council, District 9, won the HCC Public Achievement Award, which recognizes service to the community, the city or the state, especially in the area of construction opportunities.
Angie Rivera-Malpiede, RTD director, District C, was presented with the Community Advocate Award, which recognizes individuals who have been advocates for diverse businesses, especially in the construction industry.
HCC Member of the Year award recipients were:
• Saunders Construction, Large General Contractor of the Year
• AMI Mechanical Inc, Large Subcontractor of the Year
• Sky Blue Builders, Small General Contractor of the Year
• St. Andrews Construction Services, Small Subcontractor of the Year
• Pinnacol Assurance, Service Company of the Year
• SJR Environmental Services, Small Business of the Year
HCC Safety Award recipients were:
• Adolfson & Peterson Construction & Saunders Construction – Co-winners for Large General Contractor
• Dynalectric Colorado, Large Subcontractor
• NM Industrial Services, Small Subcontractor
HCC’s 10-Year Members were:
• LEI Cos. Inc.
• J.E. Dunn Construction
• Volunteer of the Year: Andrew “Rusty” Gonzales, St. Andrews Construction Services
• Committee Chair of the Year: Co-winners Brandon Berumen, LEI Cos. and Dennis Walker, United Rentals